[R] Z aware interpolation

Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy monica.palaseanu-lovejoy at stud.man.ac.uk
Sun Sep 21 15:05:28 CEST 2003

Hello again,

There is any package which does Z aware (real 3D) interpolations?
It can be any method (IDW, kriging or spline) but it should take into
consideration not only x and y coordinates for interpolation, but
also z coordinate. I looked into different packages but it seems i
didn't find the right one.

The ultimate goal is to import the output into a GIS (Geographical
Information System) for further analysis.

Alternatively, maybe you know a source for codes for normal IDW
(Inverse Distance Weight) interpolation (i mean the one which
takes into consideration only x and y coordinates) so i can try to
modify it to take into consideration z values as well. I am not sure
it will work, or i can do it - but it worth a try - of course if this is not
already done.

Thanks,

Monica

Monica Palaseanu-Lovejoy