[R] Evaluating outer observations in an lme object.

CG Pettersson cg.pettersson at evp.slu.se
Fri Sep 19 19:51:35 CEST 2003

Oh, the question might have been more precisely formulated I guess...

"update" surely helps a lot in the practical work at the computer. But
that is not my problem. The problem is where and how to introduce the
variables in the command.

I´ve tried things like:     random = ~ P.AL | Trial/Block
as the random call, looking for some sort of direct effect from the
soil analysis P.AL. That results in a worse model than without the
term, possibly becouse the effect of the soil already is,
implicitlely, inside the term Trial.
What I am looking for is a way of evaluating several factors that have
just one observation for each Trial, still having the the nice
Trial/Block structure present in the model.

Or am I just stupid?

/CG

> Might "update" help?  spencer graves
>
> CG Pettersson wrote:
>
> >Hello everybody!
> >I´m working with a dataset from twelve fertilizer trials, where the
> >technical fertilizer product and application method, but not the
> >intensity of fertilization, is varied. (I´m using R1.7.1 and
W2000.)