[R] CART analysis

Paul, David A paulda at BATTELLE.ORG
Wed Sep 17 22:22:23 CEST 2003

> library(tree)
> ?tree

should work.  If you don't have the "tree" library,
you can download it off of CRAN at

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib

if you're using Windows, or go to

http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/PACKAGES.html

for the source code directly as gzipped .tar files.
I'm not all that familiar with Linux or the RPM files
that are used to install R on the various Linux flavors...
having said that, my understanding is that you would
compile the packages from their source code directly
if you are using R on a Linux operating system.

Best wishes,
  david paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Thornton [mailto:thorntonr at maf.govt.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 3:51 PM
To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: [R] CART analysis

Greetings,
Does anyone know of an R code for classification and regression tree
analysis (CART)?

Thank you
Ron

Ron Thornton BVSc, PhD, MACVSc (pathology, epidemiology) Programme
Co-ordinator, Active Surveillance Animal Biosecurity MAF Biosecurity
Authority P O Box 2526 Wellington, New Zealand
phone: 64-4-4744156
027 223 7582
fax: 64-4-474-4133
e-mail: ron.thornton at maf.govt.nz