[R] Help with glmmML package

Farouk Nathoo nathoo at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Sep 17 06:13:44 CEST 2003

Dear R users,

I have been using the package glmmML to fit a logistic-normal mixed model
to clustered binary data. Along with parameter estimates I would also like
to obtain estimates of the random effects. I have noticed that a fitted
"glmmML" object contains a component called "frail", a vector, which looks
to be an estimate of the random effects. Can anyone confirm this? And if
so, how are these estimates obtained from the fitted model? Are they the
empirical Bayes estimates? Any reference would also be great.

Thanks very much for your help.

Farouk