[R] title for plot contain 4 subplots

Rajarshi Guha rajarshi at presidency.com
Sun Sep 14 20:18:56 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 13:18, Rajarshi Guha wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm plotting 4 graphs on one page (2x2 matrix) but I cant seem to get
> the title for the whole page right.
>
> I'm doing:
>
> op <- par(mfrow = c(2,2), pty="s")
> hist(var$V2, breaks="FD",main="Euclidean Metric", xlab="Sum of 3NN ...
> hist(var$V2, breaks="FD",main="Manhattan Metric", xlab="Sum of 3NN ...
> hist(var$V2, breaks="FD",main="Euclidean Metric", xlab="Sum of 3NN ...
> hist(var$V2, breaks="FD",main="Manhattan Metric", xlab="Sum of 3NN ...
>
> At this point I would like to place a title at the head of the page
> (like in the P-P plot example on the Chisquare help page. I'm doing:

Thanks for the solution to the above problem. I am facing another
problem which seems to stem from the one above. After getting my plot on
screen I do
dev.copy(png, file="out.png")
dev.off()

The resultant PNG file shows the plots ok, but the ends of the overall
title get cut off. I tried changing the values in the oma vector tp par,
but it does'nt change anything.

Has anybody faced this?

Thanks,

Rajarshi Guha <rajarshi at presidency.com> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE