[R] what does this error mean?

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Sat Sep 13 21:52:06 CEST 2003

Josh  -

See the example "run a simulation" in  help("try").

This won't be able to tell you the Spearman correlation
when there are fewer than two pairs of non-missing values,
but it will allow the loop to keep running.  Caution: the
return value from  try()  will be a string with the error
message, when  cor.test()  fails, so whatever variable
you accumulate the simulation results in must be able
to tolerate string values.  That suggests using a list.

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -