[R] New highlighting for NEdit 5.3

Ernesto Jardim ernesto at ipimar.pt
Mon Sep 8 17:53:20 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've just put together a new R syntax highlighting file for Nedit 5.3.

I've borrow the "base" functions of Jedit (thanks to Tobias Elze and Zed
A. Shaw) so now NEdit highlights a little more than before :)

You can download the file here:

http://ernesto.freezope.org/cmf/starthere/r/R-5.3.pats

Just import it into NEdit with

> nedit -import R-5.3.pats

and save your preferences when leaving the editor.

If you want to use NEdit as your default editor inside R do

> options(editor="nedit -lm R")

I usually change NEdit fonts to lucida-mono 12 so if you use other fonts
it may look uglier (or pretier) ...

Hope you enjoy it and, as usual, all comments are welcome.

Best regards

EJ

ps: please can somenone change the file in R-GUI page ?
--
Ernesto Jardim <ernesto at ipimar.pt>
Biólogo Marinho/Marine Biologist