[R]: RODBC column length>255

Andrew C. Ward s195404 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Sep 8 12:22:22 CEST 2003

Dear Wayne,

This could be related to the ODBC specification, and so you
won't be able to change it. If it's hard-coded into RODBC,
you will be able to modify the code and recompile the
package yourself.

Alternatively, there may be another package that reads your
data without going through ODBC. I believe there are some
for Oracle, MySQL and others.

Regards,

Andrew C. Ward

CAPE Centre