[R] graphic of hierachical clustering

Martin Olivier martinol at ensam.inra.fr
Mon Sep 8 12:56:50 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I would like to save the dendrogram of a hierarchical clustering.
Let reshc the result of the fucntion hclust(). To save the dendrogram,
I can use the function postscript:

postscript(file="hc605.ps")
plot(as.dendrogram(reshc),horiz=T,ylab="",main=" ")
dev.off()

Using the functions plot and as.dendrogram, it is possible to obtain an
horizontal tree with option horiz=T.
The problem is there is a box around the tree...this box looks like the
result of the function box() and it is possible
 to delete it with box(col="white"). But when I convert the postscript
file in gif or tiff file, this box  is not deleted.

Could you explain me why this box appear after the conversion of my
postscript file and a solution
to delete this box in a gif or tiff format? (I know I can use
plot(reshc) but the tree is vertical   in this case)

Regards,
Olivier.

Martin Olivier
INRA - Unité protéomique           LIRMM - IFA/MAB
2, Place Viala                     161, rue Ada
F-34060 Montpellier Cédex 1        34392 Montpellier Cédex 5

Tel : 04 99 61 26 02               Tel : O4 67 41 86 71
martinol at ensam.inra.fr