[R] laplace transform

Ravi Varadhan rvaradha at jhsph.edu
Fri Sep 5 21:24:02 CEST 2003

Hi:

I have written a Fortran program based on the Gaver-Stehfest algorithm,
which uses only real numbers (as opposed to the more powerful methods
using complex numbers). However, this can't be used in R since the
function specifying the inverse of the Laplace transform must also be
written in Fortran.  I would be interested in learning how to define
the function in R and then calling the Fortran subroutines to do the
inverse computations. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

thanks,
Ravi.