[R] Two questions about building R add-on package

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Fri Sep 5 15:33:11 CEST 2003

Brian D Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> From <wwang30 at jhmi.edu>

> > Windows Versions of R and R packages under Intel Linux$)A!1 by Jun
> > Yan and A. J. Rossini and used their Makefile.  But it kept giving error

> We quite explicitly say you need to build R first.  If Yun-Rossini do not,

As far as I know, I've never seem a "Yun-Rossini" article.

> take this up with them.

We (the Yan-Rossini article) do explicitly state this.

> In any case, I rather object: all the real work was done by the
> R-Windows maintainers and supplied with the R sources.

And we simply automated the process a bit, as was claimed.  Why do you
"rather object"?

If you put it that way, all the real work processing work was done by
the GCC team.  You simply automated the process a bit with a bit of
code for this thing called R.

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}