[R] Course 'Bootstrap methods and permutation tests' - 23 - 24 October

Karen Richardson Karen.Richardson at insightful.com
Wed Sep 3 11:24:51 CEST 2003

Insightful are pleased to announce we are now taking bookings for our latest course on "Bootstrap methods and permutation tests" in the UK on 23rd - 24th October.

This course will focus in particular on two resampling methods, bootstrapping and permutation tests, which have been applied successfully to areas of statistical modelling where "traditional" standard errors, confidence intervals and significance tests are unavailable or of doubtful accuracy.  Interest in these methods has risen dramatically over the past 10 years.

The tutor for the course is Dr. Tim Hesterberg, of Insightful's R & D division in Seattle.  Tim is primary author of the "S+Resample" package for bootstrapping, permutation tests, jackknife, and other resampling procedures, and is lead author of "Bootstrap Methods and Permutation Tests" (2003), W. H. Freeman, and numerous technical articles on resampling.  See www.insightful.com/Hesterberg/

This course will be suitable for any statistician faced with inferential problems where the use of standard results may be questionable or not available.

Further information on the course is available at:  http://www.insightful.com/services/training/bootstrap_UK.asp

To register for the course:  http://www.insightful.com/services/register_european.asp

If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Karen Richardson
Sales and Marketing Administrator
Insightful
krichardson at insightful.com
Direct Line: +44 (0) 1256 339 822
Fax Number: +44 (0) 1256 339 839
Seats are now available for the S-PLUS Essentials Course November 10 - 13 2003 - in the Basingstoke office.
http://www.insightful.com/services/training/essentialsII_4.asp