[R] Hangup on save.image () / q ()

Lorenz.Gygax@fat.admin.ch Lorenz.Gygax at fat.admin.ch
Tue Sep 2 16:16:25 CEST 2003

Dear all,

I am doing some data handling and tabualtions and then I am using glmmPQL to
fit a binomial hierarchical model (which I assign to a new object). If I do
a save.image () or a q ('yes') after this, I get the following warning
messages:

Warning messages:
1: namespaces may not be available when loading
2: names in persistent strings are currently ignored

Sometimes R seems to shut down properly, sometimes R hangs up during the
quit, in any case R cannot be restarted after this because the .RData seems
to be corrupt.

This is on R Version 1.7.0 (2003-04-16) on Windows and it happens both, if I
am using Emacs with ESS or the R-Gui.exe. .RData is about 200 KB before I do
the hierarchical model. After the hang up, the unusable file is about 1200
KB.

Any ideas what is happening or pointers where I should be looking (I tried
the R archives but did not seem to find the right key word)?

Many thanks, Lorenz
-
Lorenz Gygax
Tel: +41 52 368 33 84 / lorenz.gygax at fat.admin.ch
Center for proper housing of ruminants and pigs
Swiss Veterinary Office, FAT, CH-8356 Tänikon / Switzerland