[R] error message in nlm()

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Mon Sep 1 19:43:38 CEST 2003

Johannes  -

There's something special about the way control parameters are
accepted by  nlm() and nlme().  Try searching very recent help
archives for nlme() or control.  Try duplicating exactly one of
the examples at the bottom of the help page  help("nlm").  My
recollection is that the parameter that you actually pass has
to be literally a function, maybe one with a specific name.
But that's jsut vague recollection.  Others will have better
information.

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -