[R] Weird problem with median on a factor

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Fri Oct 31 10:34:06 CET 2003

Simon Fear schrieb:
> What do you expect the median of a factor to be? Are
> you sure you don't want the *mode* (most common
> value)?

That's not the point, I was just playing around interested in
the output of the median and surprised, that it worked for
column 264. But I wonder why the median does not work with
column 566, although I can't figure out any difference between
the two columns.

[...]

Thanks for your answer!

Regards,

Christoph
Christoph Bier, Dipl.Oecotroph., Email: bier at wiz.uni-kassel.de
Universitaet Kassel, FG Oekologische Lebensmittelqualitaet und
Ernaehrungskultur \\ Postfach 12 52 \\ 37202 Witzenhausen
Tel.: +49 (0) 55 42 / 98 -17 21, Fax: -17 13