[R] /usr/lib/R/library vs /usr/local/lib/R/site-library

Bjørn-Helge Mevik bhx2 at mevik.net
Thu Oct 30 10:35:25 CET 2003

Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 07:51:16AM -0800, A.J. Rossini wrote:
>
>> /usr/lib/R/site-library is for
>> apt-installed R packages (from CRAN, or Jim Lindsey's works), and

> It is not yet fully implemented as not all apt-get'able Debian
> packages of CRAN, Omegahat, ...

Forgive my ignorance; I just switched to Debian.  Are there R packages
(such as `car' or `vegan') that are apt-get'able?  How can I find out
which ones, and how do I set up apt to get them?

(I've added `deb http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/debian woody
main' to /etc/apt/sources.list, to get the latest version of R.)

--
Bjørn-Helge Mevik