[R] importing SAS data

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Oct 29 21:10:02 CET 2003

"Gabor Grothendieck" <ggrothendieck at myway.com> writes:

> There is a utility called dataload at:
>
>    http://www.vsn-intl.com/genstat/downloads/datald.htm
>
> that says it can convert SAS files (and numerous other
> formats) to csv and other formats.  I have successfully
> used it to convert Excel xls files to csv although I don't
> have experience with its SAS capability.

Seems that it only does PC SAS 6.03-12. Rather curious, BTW, to see
software claiming

Dataload.UNI - Unix Motif version of Dataload.exe

and then

DATALOAD.UNI: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, SPARC, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

as if no other Unix than Sun Solaris existed. Also, the program is in
the public domain but the source is not included. Does anyone know
what the author's long-term plans are with this? (It's a GenStat
complimentary item, so GenStat non-users obviously has little say in
the matter.)