[R] select text using only the keyboard

James Wettenhall wettenhall at wehi.edu.au
Fri Oct 24 08:54:03 CEST 2003

Simon,

> I have a different wish: I want to be able to mouseclick in
> the middle of a line to get the cursor there (as in SPlus).
>
> While I appreciate that to get my wish I should just write
> a little patch, I estimate it would take me about 2 years
> to reach the point where I was capable of it,

Depends on how much C programming you've done.  I could possibly
write a patch in less than 2 years, but I have other things
which are higher priority right now.  Here are some things you
would need to look at:

Mouse-button event-handlers in GraphApp:
http://www.cs.usyd.edu.au/~graphapp/doc/manual/mouse.htm

Setting the cursor position/selection in a text window in
GraphApp:
http://www.cs.usyd.edu.au/~loki/graphapp/manual/textedit.htm

Building R for Windows:
http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/Rtools/