[R] Quantreg Package

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Oct 23 17:28:01 CEST 2003

Radaelli Paolo - Dottorati di Ricerca wrote:

> I saw the read-me but I didn't undersstand wich is the problem. I only know
> that in a previous version of R I installed on my pc it was all ok.

Yes, but on the recent version it is *not* OK.
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/1.8/check/quantreg-check.log
tells you:

  [...]
  * checking examples ... ERROR
  Running examples in quantreg-Ex.R failed.

BTW: Efforts have been made to upload these check logs to CRAN in order
to provide you with this information, so please read those files!

Looking closer (as a hint for Roger), R *crashes* when running the
examples in ?boot.rq.

> So know I have to download the extensions files and then compile them on my own ?

You can download the source package and compile from source (I don't
know of any "extensions files").
Attention: The problem not passing Rcmd check remains (almost certain).

Uwe Ligges