[R] 0-only-rows in correspondence analysis

Stephane DRAY dray at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Wed Oct 22 17:55:14 CEST 2003

CA is based on relative composition and not on absolute value. So, empty
site do not give any information. In a computational point of view, empty
row or column do not allow to compute row / col weights. that is why most
function do not work with empty row or column. dudi.coa (ade4 package)
allows empty rows or columns. They are simply put at the centroid (and so
have no weight in the analysis). CA do not take into acccount the
information given by empty site !!! If you want that the information given
by empty site are taken into account, you should prefer an other analysis
(e.g. pca).

Sincerely,