[R] Graphics overview

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Tue Oct 21 15:03:21 CEST 2003

Peter Dalgaard wrote:
>>On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Christoph Bier wrote:

[...]

>>>    RTMFs are welcome =/. But I read 'help(plot)' (plot is
>>>what I actually use for the graphic above¹) and 'help(par)',
>

> (Read the muckin' *what*?? ;-) )

Oops :-D

[...]

> (Odd, BTW, www.springer.de says it ships within 3 days).

And our local book store said, that it's not deliverable. So
my colleague tried www.amazon.de, that says it ships within
11--12 days. We are still waiting ...

> par(ask=T); example(barplot)

Nice!

> The fourth example is fairly close to what you want to do (colSums
> instead of colMeans should place the numbers at the end of the
> columns).

Yes, it is, thanks! But it seems only to work with arrays as
VADeaths. I don't have an array but a data.frame. And mainly
I'm a naive newbie, that gets more confused the more he wants
from R =(.

Best regards,

Christoph
Christoph Bier, Dipl.Oecotroph., Email: bier at wiz.uni-kassel.de
Universitaet Kassel, FG Oekologische Lebensmittelqualitaet und
Ernaehrungskultur \\ Postfach 12 52 \\ 37202 Witzenhausen
Tel.: +49 (0) 55 42 / 98 -17 21, Fax: -17 13