[R] Graphics overview

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Tue Oct 21 12:22:23 CEST 2003

Hi,

is there an graphics overview, where the graphic capabitlities
of R are shown with the corresponding code? I already tested
'demo(graphics)', that isn't that comprehensive,
'demo(image)', 'demo(lattice)', searched the Mailarchive,
googled and the FAQ keeps silent, too.
    For example, I know how a special graphic I need should
look like, but I don't know how to realise it. I even don't
know how to describe it =).
    Another example, much more simpler (I hope): I want to get
the sum of the values in a plot above the columns. Like this:

|       3
|  2    _
|  _   | |
| | |  | |
|_|_|__|_|__
    A    B

    RTMFs are welcome =/. But I read 'help(plot)' (plot is
what I actually use for the graphic above¹) and 'help(par)',
searched my introduction to S and S-Plus and I'm still waiting
for "Introductory Statistics with R" (P. Dalgaard), that is
not deliverable at the moment.

TIA

Regards,

Christoph

¹ Data is a data.frame with A and B being the sums of the
characteristic values (not numeric) of one variable.
Christoph Bier, Dipl.Oecotroph., Email: bier at wiz.uni-kassel.de
Universitaet Kassel, FG Oekologische Lebensmittelqualitaet und
Ernaehrungskultur \\ Postfach 12 52 \\ 37202 Witzenhausen
Tel.: +49 (0) 55 42 / 98 -17 21, Fax: -17 13