[R] R memory and CPU requirements

Alexander Sirotkin [at Yahoo] alex_s_42 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 00:59:08 CEST 2003

Thanks for all the help on my previous questions.

One more (hopefully last one) : I've been very
surprised when I tried to fit a model (using aov())
for a sample of size 200 and 10 variables and their
interactions.

It turns out that even 2GB of RAM is not anough for
aov() with this sample size, which does not seem so
big for me. Am I doing something wrong or this is
considered a normal memory requirements ?

Frankly, I just don't have an access to a machine with
more then 2GB of RAM so I'm not sure how I should
attack this problem.

10x.

P.S. When I reduced sample size to 50 2GB RAM was
enough, but aov() kept working for all night and has
not finished yet.