[R] Problems Building RMySQL in Windows

Christian Schulz ozric at web.de
Thu Oct 16 07:22:20 CEST 2003

I get the same,

library(RMySQL)
    Warning message:
    DLL attempted to change FPU control word from 8001f to 9001f

...but until now this never occur in a crash and i develope
a complex direct-marketing-system what get's and put's dynamically
~ 100.000 cases and 50 ~ variables  with this tools!

I experiment something, how i get runing  mysql 4.1.0.alpha!

(1.)  Install with the reimport description and the different path settings
mysql4.0 and RMySQL.
Now, when this works it is possible to unzip the  mysql-4.1.0-alpha.zip and
overwrite
your Mysql4.0 installation.

(2.) Doing the remip libmysql.lib etc. direct for the 4.1.0-alpha occur for
me in problems!?

<MySQLConnection:(620,0)>
  User: root
  Host: localhost
  Dbname: test
  Connection type: localhost via TCP/IP
  MySQL server version:  4.1.0-alpha-max-nt
  MySQL client version:  4.0.15
  MySQL protocol version:  10
  MySQL server thread id:  5
  No resultSet available