Fw: [R] SIMCA algorithm implementation

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Wed Oct 15 16:53:29 CEST 2003

Mike  -

For predicting class membership, I would use either  lda() or
qda()  from the MASS package.  See the Venables and Ripley
book for detailed description of the methods.  You'll have
to rely on your own references for what the 'SIMCA' algorithm
actually does.  I've never heard of it.  Sounds like some
sort of discriminant analysis to me.  Maybe its authors
would like to contribute an implementation of it to R.

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -