[R] Number Format

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Oct 14 10:56:27 CEST 2003

Hi

A very simple question on number formats.  After some calculations, some variables I have come out looking like this:

-1.892972e+00

Now apart from the fact that the "e+00" is completely redundant, I would rather have the number represented without the e bit.  I want to export data like this to a text file and would rather have:

-1.892972

than

-1.892972e+00

I have tried options(digits = 12) or something similar but that doesn't seem to help.  How can I get R to export this data without the e+00?

Thanks
Mick