[R] DBI Interface broken

Fernando Henrique Ferraz feferraz at linux.ime.usp.br
Sat Oct 11 06:26:39 CEST 2003

	Hi, I'm trying to use R's DBI interface but it appears to be broken. I am using R 1.8.0 on Linux, and have just installed DBI 0.1-6 through the command 'install.packages("DBI")'.
	Installation went fine, but now when I try to do a simple dbConnect(), it won't do anything besides complaining about an internal error:

	> library(DBI)
	> dbConnect(anything)
	Error in dbConnect(anything) : couldn't find function ".valueClassTest"

	> dbConnect
	standardGeneric for "dbConnect" defined from package "DBI"
	  defined with value class: "DBIConnection"

	function (drv, ...)
	.valueClassTest(standardGeneric("dbConnect"), "DBIConnection",
	    "dbConnect")
	<environment: 0x91201a8>
	Methods may be defined for arguments: drv

	Anyone has a clue on what might be going on? Is it DBI working for any of you using R 1.8.0?

	Thank you,

--
[]'s
Fernando Henrique Ferraz P. da Rosa