is.na(v)<-b (was: Re: [R] Beginner's query - segmentation fault)

Simon Fear Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
Thu Oct 9 12:26:25 CEST 2003

<snip>

> The very existence of an "is.na<-" which accepts  a logical
> vector containing FALSE as well as TRUE ...

And don't forget this is not the only usage of is.na<-. In fact it is
designed to take any valid indexing value. For example:

> a<-1:10
> is.na(a) <- 1:5
 [1] NA NA NA NA NA  6  7  8  9 10

Wow. I really hate that. Someone tell me again why this is
better than a[1:5] <- NA ??

Simon Fear
Senior Statistician
Syne qua non Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1379 644449
Fax: +44 (0) 1379 644445
email: Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
web: http://www.synequanon.com

Number of attachments included with this message: 0

This message (and any associated files) is confidential and\...{{dropped}}