[R] Correlations

Bobbie van der Westhuizen bobbie at tzv.fal.de
Thu Oct 9 11:12:11 CEST 2003

Hi I am trying out R for the first time and it seems to work nice.

I also try it out on a LINUX platform aswell as on Windows. I downloaded the
new version of R for windows (version 8.1.0) but something look not right in
the calculations of correlations between traits when I use the next command:

>cor(fc,use="pairwise")

The correlation return between the same trait (that must be 1.000) is not 1
and sometimes it is 0.37?? When I run the same scrip with the same data in
Linux the correlation is correctly, 1.000. And when I run the following scrip
in 1.8.0 for windows it returns the correct correlation of 1.000.

>cor.test(BIRHTMASS,BIRHTMASS,na.rm=T,method="pearson")

Could there be a bug in this version of Windows?