[R] Sorry! Previous subject was cell means model in LME

Francisco Vergara gerifalte28 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 00:13:43 CEST 2003

Hi everybody

I want to specify the contrasts to build a cell means model on LME (each
coefficient is the mean value of the independent variable for the specific
category of a factor variable) when there are several factors as fixed
effect in the model and also interactions between them.  Can anybody give me
a hint on how to do accomplish this? Also, how can I override the default
"Contr.Treatment" for linear models?  I tried removing the intercept but
this gave me the mean values just for the first factor included in the model
and then used "contrast treatment" for all the other factors.

Thanks for your help!

Francisco