[R] fitdistr, mle's and gamma distribution

Lourens Olivier Walters lwalters at cs.uct.ac.za
Wed Oct 8 16:00:17 CEST 2003

Thanks for the help, the wrapper function was very useful. I managed to
solve the problem using Spencer Graves' suggestion. I am analyzing the
interarrival times between HTTP packets on a campus network. The dataset
actually has more than 14 Million entries! It represents the traffic
generated by approximately 3000 users browsing the web for 30 days. I
have to be careful to always remove unused objects from my workspace,
but otherwise I have so far managed to cope with 512Mb of memory on a
Pentium 600Mhz.

Lourens