[R] Saving workspace image

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Wed Oct 8 02:00:30 CEST 2003

Hi folks,

On quitting R with q(), is it possible to save the workspace
to a directory other than the one R was started from?

(I sometimes have a project "master" directory with the major
R code and data in that directory, but divisions of the project
having their specific stuff in sub-directories. So if I quit while
running a sub-project, I'd like to save the workspace back into its
sub-directory. I see that this could be achieved by starting R in that
sub-directory, and invoking "master" code as source("../whatever"),
but this would be a lot less convenient than doing it the other way
round).

With thanks,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972