[R] persp or scatterplot3d?

heimdal@aracnet.com heimdal at aracnet.com
Tue Oct 7 23:27:38 CEST 2003

Hello,

I have three x-y plots whose interesting data occurs at the same time. When I
place them in the same plot, they tend to obscure each other. I was hoping to
use persp or scatterplot3d to plot them 3-dimensionally, so that the plot is
visually useful. My data is simple:

x, for all three data sets, is a set of 885 ISOdates, where x <- x0 + seq(1,
885).

y is the value of "io", "sys", or "usr" that occurs at time "x". These values
range between 0 - 8. A simple 3-d line plot of each would suffice. Would
scatterplot3d be able to do this, or must I adapt my data to use persp? Any
comments would be helpful. I have data sets and snapshots of the plots in
question if desired.

Thanks for your help,

John