[R] I need your help....

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Oct 7 14:42:33 CEST 2003

This is a question for the Bioconductor listserv, not R-help. In
addition, all current versions of affy will automagically download and
install any cdfenvs that you may need, so there is no need to do this
manually. If anything, you may need to update your version of affy.

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> Yair Snir wrote:
>
> >    Hello,
> >    I have a problem, I can't install the package 'mgu74av2cdf'. I
> >    downloaded the zip file, yet when asked the R console to install
it
> >    from a zip file, I got the answer:
> >    "Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
> >    In addition: Warning messages:
> >    1: error -1 in extracting from zip file
> >    2: cannot open file `mgu74av2cdf/DESCRIPTION' "
> >    What can I do? please help me
>
> So it is probably not a valid binary package. Where is "the" package
> from (it's not a CRAN package)?

It's an Affymetrix thingie, so the BioC list would be the more obvious
place to ask. Notice that there are R data packages, e.g.

http://biowww.dfci.harvard.edu/~bioconductor/data/cdfenvs/Win32/mgu74av2cdf_0.1.zip

and (if I understand correctly) S-PLUS data libraries like

http://www.insightful.com/support/ArrayAnalyzer/DataLibs/CDFLibs/mgu74cv2cdf.zip

and I suspect they are not interchangeable even though both come in
.zip files.

 (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark      Ph: (+45)
35327918
~~~~~~~~~~ - (p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk)             FAX: (+45)
35327907