[R] I need your help....

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Oct 7 12:30:45 CEST 2003

Uwe Ligges <ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> Yair Snir wrote:
>
> >    Hello,
> >    I have a problem, I can't install the package 'mgu74av2cdf'. I
> >    downloaded the zip file, yet when asked the R console to install it
> >    from a zip file, I got the answer:
> >    "Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
> >    In addition: Warning messages:
> >    1: error -1 in extracting from zip file
> >    2: cannot open file `mgu74av2cdf/DESCRIPTION' "
> >    What can I do? please help me
>
> So it is probably not a valid binary package. Where is "the" package
> from (it's not a CRAN package)?

It's an Affymetrix thingie, so the BioC list would be the more obvious
place to ask. Notice that there are R data packages, e.g.

http://biowww.dfci.harvard.edu/~bioconductor/data/cdfenvs/Win32/mgu74av2cdf_0.1.zip

and (if I understand correctly) S-PLUS data libraries like

http://www.insightful.com/support/ArrayAnalyzer/DataLibs/CDFLibs/mgu74cv2cdf.zip

and I suspect they are not interchangeable even though both come in
.zip files.