[R] problems with xlab

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sat Nov 29 18:30:33 CET 2003

Dear Celso,

At 04:52 PM 11/29/2003 +0000, Celso Barros wrote:

>Dear R-list members,
>
>I'm using the 'effects' package to plot a graph with fixed values. For
>some reason, I cannot change the label for the 'x' axis using 'xlab=""'.
>The usual commands work for the y axis and for the main title. My last
>attempt used the following syntax:
>
>model.effects<-(all.effects(model.1))
>plot (model.effects, main="Figure 1",xlab="Year",ylab="Change")
>
>The resulting graph has the default label for the x axis instead of
>'Year'. The main title and the label for 'y' are as expected.
>
>Anyone knows what may be happening?

I'm afraid that you've found a bug in plot.effect(): I omitted specifying
the xlab argument to xyplot() in one of the six cases that plot.effect()
distinguishes. The fix is simple, and I'll shortly upload a new version of
the package with it, but in the meantime, I'll send you (privately) the
fixed version of plot.effect().

I apologize for the problem,
  John
John Fox