[R] lme v. aov?

John Christie jc at or.psychology.dal.ca
Thu Nov 27 19:46:22 CET 2003

Its not so much that I wasn't getting the difference between fixed and
random effects.  Although, I do like the way you put the comment below.
  For my purposes subject is a random effect.  It was more on correct
notation in lme with repeated measures designs (my a and b are repeated
while the mean subjectRT is between).  And, on whether the way aov
treats repeated measures might best be called a MANOVA method.