[R] R 1.8.1 on SUSE 9.0

John Dougherty jwdougherty at mcihispeed.net
Thu Nov 27 03:11:50 CET 2003

I have 1.8.1 running on SuSE 9.0 as I write.  I use the "Professional"
release, which comes with most development packages, certainly all the ones
needed to compile R-1.8.1.  If you do not have the "Professional" version,
you will have to acquire the full collection.  You can use YaST to check what
is available.  Bring up the YaST window and highlight "Software," then in the
right hand window "Install and Remove Software."  When the window comes up,
click on the "filter" box and use the search facility.  I would point out
though that I have R-1.8.1 running as I write and YaST search tells me that
the librbary you listed is not present on my system either.  What OS are you
running?

John