[R] excluding libraries at configure

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Thu Nov 27 02:04:29 CET 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Roger Koenker wrote:

> I'm trying build R-1.8.1 on a apple g4 that I've just upgraded
> to panther.  Configure quits with complaints about  "linking
> to Fortran libraries from C fails".  Based on some comparisons
> with a fresh g5 install that worked...I conjecture that this
> is due to the fact that /sw/lib on the g4 contains lots of stuff from
> the prior jaguar installation, and ./configure wants to include
> -L/sw/lib.

This doesn't answer your question but might solve your problem: this
symptom occurs for a number of people who have installed teTeX using the
i-installer distribution.  One of the optional packages is `wmf + iconv
support" which installs an incompatible version of libiconv in
/usr/local/lib.  Removing this works for us.

	-thomas