[R] creating graphs in BATCH mode

Jason Turner jasont at indigoindustrial.co.nz
Wed Nov 26 19:29:21 CET 2003

Reinhard Sy wrote:

> Hi
>  a short question is there a way to generate jpeg's etc. in BATCH mode ? The
> following example does not work in BATCH:
> Error in jpeg("/tmp/my.jpg") : R_X11 module cannot be loaded
> In addition: Warning message:
> X11 module is not available under this GUI
> Execution halted
> *rsy at puffin*[15:09][~][57]>

Under Unix and Unix-like systems, R needs a running X server to produce
JPEGs.  You needn't start the X-server; check out XVFB - X Virtual Frame
Buffer - which sets up a virtual X server, but with no display.  You may
already have this installed:  "man Xvfb" will tell you.

http://www.visualmining.com/support/server/XvfbonUnix.html

Cheers

Jason
--