[R] best editor for .R files

John Hendrickx john_hendrickx at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 14:25:31 CET 2003

An extensive review of text editors for different platforms is at
http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/t/textEditors.html
It's geared to Stata users but contains relevant information for R
users as well.

Personally, I use TextPad for Windows. It has syntax highlighting,
regular expression search and replace, selection of rectangular
blocks  of text. You can run programs from within TextPad and if the
output file has been opened it's automatically updated if you submit
the syntax again, a very useful feature I found.

Good luck,
John Hendrickx