AW: [R] best editor for .R files

"Unternährer Thomas, uth" uth at zhwin.ch
Fri Nov 21 10:58:16 CET 2003

Hi

The best is definitively (X)Emacs (my opinion).

For Windows have a look at (GNU Emacs):
http://www.math.auc.dk/~dethlef/Tips/introduction.html

And for XEmacs with Cygwin (XEmacs, Latex, ..., for Ess simple save (require 'ess-site) in your init.el):
http://home.imf.au.dk/hellmund/indhold.html

For native Xemacs for Windows:
www.xemacs.org

Xemacs is easy to install, use and configure (more easy than the GNU-Version).

Under Linux both comes with the most distributions (I use both under SuSE 8.2).

HTH

Thomas