[R] ISOdate returns incorrect date?

Simon Fear Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
Thu Nov 20 10:04:52 CET 2003

I've been using the following little `helper` function:

tea <- function() {
 shell("C:\\program files\\kettle\\tea.exe /2sugars", wait=FALSE)
}

I was thinking of submitting it to CRAN until I discovered that
when I ran it on my laptop on holiday in Italy, it made coffee!
I reluctantly decided not to submit it, given that relying on the
OS, and particularly its timezone settings, obviously wasn't
robust enough for a cross-platform implementation.

Simon Fear
Senior Statistician
Syne qua non Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1379 644449
Fax: +44 (0) 1379 644445
email: Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
web: http://www.synequanon.com

Number of attachments included with this message: 0

This message (and any associated files) is confidential and\...{{dropped}}