[R] anova(mylme, type = ??)

John Christie jc at or.psychology.dal.ca
Wed Nov 19 23:34:13 CET 2003

OK, I found pretty much everything I needed in the short term on lme.
However, I cannot find anything on the "type" flag in the anova
command.  When is it used and what for?  In the examples I have found
type="marginal" is usually entered for lme models with fixed effects.

This is one of the few items that I have done an entire R site search
for without anything but other examples of this question - unanswered.

It is odd that there is no documentation for a value you can pass to
one of the commands.