[R] X11/ graphics problem

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 19 16:13:57 CET 2003

Did you build from sources or install an RPM?

If the former, you probably do not have the X11 development files
installed.  Something like XFree86-devel-4.2.0-72 (from RH8.0).  (My guess
is that you do have XFree86-libs.)

rm config.cache and reconfigure and rebuild after installation.

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Stephen Henderson wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm moving from using R 1.8 for Windows to using Linux (Redhat version 9)
> and I cannot get any graphics. However everything else maths, models
> equations is fine-- and much quicker. I built from the source file following
> the commands in the install manual.
>
> >plot(1:10, 1:10)
>
> does nothing! So clearly I have a problem with X Windows.

It plots on Rplots.ps, not nothing.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk