[R] R-Project: Graphic/3-D capabilites and information...

Aaron "Snail:Lewis" Dinkin snail at nycap.rr.com
Sun Nov 16 05:25:12 CET 2003

Greetings, and Salutations to the wonderful people of the R-Project!!!

I have a question:

       There is are images on the Screenshots page of the r-project home ::

        http://www.r-project.org/screenshots/screenshots.html

There are THREE (3) images in particular I am interested in, that also
pertain to this e-mail:

    http://www.r-project.org/screenshots/icon-persp-surface.jpg
    http://www.r-project.org/screenshots/volcano-image.jpg
    http://www.r-project.org/screenshots/volcano-persp.jpg

The http://www.r-project.org/screenshots/icon-persp-surface.jpg image is
the one I am interested in the most, however, I would like to have
information regarding all of them...

Information I would like to have would be:

    How were these images created (step by step with explanations if
possible)

    What utilities, plugins, or data were used to create these images

    Tutorials, FAQs, or ANY and ALL information I would need to be able
to understand how I can create images like these from my data, and how I
can interpret images like these (what do they mean, how do you read the
image...), because all graphics are representations of mathematical
functions (all meaning ALL, even a picture in PhotoShop is a
mathematical function)...

Many Thanks In Advance to the Kind peoples whom helped me find, and
understand the information I requested!!!