[R] cross-classified random factors in lme without blocking

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sat Nov 15 19:14:21 CET 2003

George Box presented a beautiful plot that showed a high correlation
between stork sightings and the number of human babies born year by year
for several years in Oldenberg (Germany, I think).  I believe it appears
early in Box, Hunter and Hunter (1978) Statistics for Experimenters
(Wiley), but I don't have the book in my hand, so I can't confirm that
or give a page reference.

hope this helps.  spencer graves