[R] What goodness-of-fit measure for robust regression ?

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Fri Nov 14 16:52:08 CET 2003

This is at best on the order of a match light...

GOF and robust estimation seem to be answering rather conflicting questions.
GOF asks how well the model fit the data.  Robust methods say not to pay too
much attention to some "bad" data points.  How does one tell GOF which
subset of data to pay less attention to?

One possible question is that, with respect to the data that the robust
estimation procedure treated as "good", how good a fit is the linear model?
I do not know of any work on this.

Andy