[R] ISOdate() and strptime()

Simon Fear Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
Fri Nov 14 15:47:42 CET 2003

People who don't like this behaviour (and particularly those
who dislike it as much as I do), should consider as.date() from
the dates package as an alternative. Gives you a NA if the
specified date is impossible (at least in all the examples given
earlier).

Is the behaviour of ISOtime() and strptime() determined by ISO
or POSIX standard? Seems not to fit R's "no nannying" policy
at all. Or maybe it's the future: in version 1.9 will I be able to
type glm() and have R take a best guess at the model
specification I had in mind?

Simon Fear
Senior Statistician
Syne qua non Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1379 644449
Fax: +44 (0) 1379 644445
email: Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
web: http://www.synequanon.com

Number of attachments included with this message: 0

This message (and any associated files) is confidential and\...{{dropped}}