[R] Time plot question.

John heimdal at aracnet.com
Wed Nov 12 05:36:57 CET 2003

Hello,

I have parsed out some data from a file containing output from the top
command. The time stamps are of the form "hh:mm:ss". When the command

plot( Time, FreeMemory, type = "l", col = "blue", main = "\"swap in use\"
versus Time", xlab = "Time", ylab = "Swap in Use")

is executed, the plot() function ignores the col and type arguments and plots
the points in some sort of default manner. Do I need to use strptime() and
reformat the "Time" coordinates? Where could I find some documentation on
this, as the R docs that I am aware of do not contain an example of this. Any
suggestions on this will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

John